Sunday, August 22, 2010

Greetings!

Hello!  I'll keep my first entry brief.  I'm new to the world of blogging, but I'm certainly not new to the world of writing.  Hopefully I can blend the two quickly in order to get some worthwhile content out there!

My name is Jennifer.  I picked up my first Tarot deck in 1992 and, though I have had periods where I have had to set it aside for some reason or other, I always come back.  Reading the cards, for me, is always an incredible, comfortable, enlightening experience.  I am empathic and highly sensitive, attributes that serve me well in intuitive aspects of reading.  In my readings, I draw upon Jungian psychology (archetypes), elemental dignities, mythology, world cultures, numerology, the Qabalistic Tree of Life, esoteric systems, astrological associations and other methods based on what I feel is most appropriate for a given consultation.

I am also a trained academic, which gives me a
healthy balance of rationality and perception.  As an undergraduate, I was a double major in English literatureand philosophy before continuing on to receive my Master’s in philosophy (concentrating on philosophy of religions) at the University of Chicago.  I view reading as an art and a science, a combination of years of study and a honing of intense intuitive awareness.  With me, you get the best of both worlds:  the academic and the intuitive.  

I plan to use this blog to write about all aspects of the Tarot, including general card meanings, how I've seen cards appear in readings, my experiences with the cards, tips on ways to read, FAQs, etc., etc.  I'm looking forward to taking some time to come up with ideas and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment