Sunday, September 26, 2010

Love Spread

It's been a while--sorry for the delay!  I got some good feedback after posting my Finance Spread, so I thought I might post another spread that I find very useful and spot-on.  I altered this spread a bit from its original format in a wonderful book called Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Questions by Trish MacGregor and Phyllis Vega (Fireside Publishing, 1998).

Love is a particularly interesting intangible, as I don't know if any two people would agree entirely on what it truly is.  This spread taps into the client in a very psychological way, so no matter how he or she feels about love, this spread will work to give an accurate profile.

Love Spread


7    1
8    2
9    3
           4    5    6
        10    11    12

Cards 1-6 are laid out first:

1)    Past experience in love
2)    Current experience in love
3)    What you WANT form a love relationship
4)    What you NEED from a love relationship
5)    What you have to offer in a relationship
6)    Possible outcome

Cards 7-12 are then laid beside/below each initial card (as per the diagram above) to add insight to the interpretation.  The cards are then read as pairs to offer details on each position.  In particular, I like the distinction between "want" and "need" that this spread covers--so many of us get the two confused, and I'm no exception.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment