Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Asking Your Question

A good Tarot reading starts off with a good question. Obvious, maybe, but more involved than you would think. So, a few words on that!

Pointed yes-or-no questions (and questions of a similar nature requiring data or exact predictions) will by and large end up offering insight only and will likely not give the direct yes-or-no response you might want. It's best to phrase questions in one of the following ways:

What is the best way to go about…?
What do I need to know about…?
What influences are surrounding…?
Am I on the best path? What will get me on the best/right path?
What do I need to reflect on in order to…?
What strengths and weaknesses do I need to consider in order to…?
What do I need to know, in general, in order to be my best self?
What can I do about...?
What will boost my intellectual curiosity?
How can I motivate myself to...?
How can I best…? 
What do I need to know about this point in my life?
How can I improve my [home; career; finances; relationship]? 
What is holding me back/blocking my progress?  

 These are just a very few examples, but you probably get the idea. Using a question format along the lines of one of those above is the best way to get the most accurate and thorough insight. Some of the above questions/question starters are great for specific queries, and some are great for "open" readings, which are more along the lines of discovering hidden influences, opportunities for assistance, warnings of obstacles, etc. that the cards "pick up" on with a more general question (like: "What do I need to know at this juncture of my life?"). These are very popular with clients and usually end up pinpointing something crucial to an overall understanding of the client's circumstances. Before any reading, I always confer in detail with the querent (old-school word common in Tarot for the seeker, or client) on phrasing the question to avoid those that the Tarot cannot reflect upon appropriately. There is much to say on this subject, but the gist is above. When you ask your Tarot reader a question, remember: clarity begets clarity!

By the way, I chose the Page of Pentacles (though any of the four Pages would have been as apt) as an image representative of this post as the Pages are all about inquiry. Each page considers the essence of his or her suit (a Page might be a young boy OR girl), holds it, uses it with fresh senses, and examines it, seeking to learn and understand its qualities.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment